Sunday, 9 May 2010

Woven Letters Mini Book Swap

I enrolled in the Woven Letters Mini Book Swap in April & I am embarrassed to say I am late with my book.
I received my Mini Book from my swap partner, Surfbunny who lives in deep South Texas, USA, near the Gulf of Mexico and the Mexican Border.
She is glass artist by profession, but also makes paper, books and paint as well.
Make sure you checkout the links below.
http://surfbunny.etsy.com/
The mini book Surfbunny sent is amazing.
She has designed it around my cruise to Canada with Tim Holtz (which unfortunately we have had to cancel)
I hope you can see the detail in the cover.
It is a map showing the exact route the cruise is taking - New Jersey to Nova Scotia .
The pages are watercolour paper & have been hand painted.
Surfbunny also does bookbinding, something I really would like to explore in more detail.
I will be posting my mini book to Surfbunny in the morning.
So Thank you Surfbunny for a beautiful book & for your thoughts & well wishes through the last month.

3 comments:

Studio Sylvia said...

Your book swap looks great and am looking forward to seeing your creation Karen.

p said...

looks good.
scrapbook-crazy.com

Surfbunny said...

Just a quick note to tell you that your wonderful book arrived here. If you have pictures I hope you'll post them on your blog. I'll get some up on my blog, but your readers would love to see it too. Glad Michael got such a wonderful surprise for his birthday, hope he is doing better and better.

Surfbunny